Committment to Center Accreditation
Our commitment to excellence is unsurpassed in the industry and serves as the cornerstone on which trusting relationships are built with our corporate partners, families, and children. All our centers operate under the guidelines established by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and the National Association of Child Care Professionals (NACCP).
Child care centers must be in operation for at least 12 months before being eligible to apply for accreditation. Our centers begin the self-study process for accreditation with NAEYC and/or NACCP early in their second year with the goal of applying for accreditation after completing this year-long self-study.
NAEYC evaluates early care and education centers based on the following criteria, each of which are key elements in our approach:
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum for children
- Quality interactions between children and educators
- A safe, healthy environment for children
- Acceptable teacher-to-child ratios and group sizes
- Strong communication between parents and educators
Visit NAEYC's website at http://www.naeyc.org for additional information.
NACCP's standards are based on research of quality care and best practices in the field of early care and education. NACCP-accredited programs demonstrate compliance with the following five standards:
- Curriculum that supports a child's physical, cognitive, language, social/emotional, and aesthetic development
- Positive and responsive interactions between staff and children
- Partnerships with parents
- Health and safety procedures that promote nutrition and provide protection to children and staff
- Effective program management procedures
Visit NACCP'S website at http://www.naccp.org for aditional information.
Accredited child care programs are nationally recognized as the highest quality in child care and early education. Children's Choice is proud to lead the child care industry in offering the highest percentage of nationally accredited programs as compared to other national child care providers.