Preschool and Pre-K Program
Approximately 3 to 5 Years of Age
The latest brain research tells us that before the age of six, children learn best through concrete experiences. Your 3- to 5-year-old explores their world through her senses—touch, taste, sight, hearing, and smell. Your child's educator understands this stage of development and provides learning activities that are challenging but not overwhelming. Our Children's Choice Classics© is a literacy-based curriculum that provides inviting experiences related to great children's books. Your child's educator offers additional activities to meet their individual needs as shown on your child's Developmental Milestone Checklist to foster their skills in all areas—language & literacy, intellectual, physical, and social/emotional.
Your preschooler will flourish in the well-organized, clearly defined environment at Children's Choice. Preschool classrooms are arranged into learning centers that promote independence, foster creative thinking, and encourage initiative.
Your child may:
- Explore leaves and rocks with a magnifying glass in Science & Discovery
- Estimate the number of jellybeans in a jar in Math/Manipulatives
- Build a skyscraper in Block Center
- Create a collage in Art Center
- Learn to measure and pour water or sand in Sensory Play
- Pretend to be a zookeeper using a Zoo Prop Box in Home Center
- "Read" a book to her friends in Language & Literacy
- Practice math skills with a friend on the computer
- Strengthen her muscles with aerobic exercise in Outdoor Play
Your child's educator will share your child's day with you--the great activities they enjoyed and other things you want to know--and is always available to talk with you about your child's experience at Children's Choice.